Wednesday 9 February 2011

Look what I found!

I was wandering through Brixton Village yesterday, for the first time in ages. It really has come on in the last year since I was there with my studio. There are loads of really exciting cafes, restaurants and quirky little boutiques... well worth a trip.




In one of these boutiques, I was very excited to find a Kodak Brownie Cresta 3, complete with camera bag, instruction manual, and (most exciting of all for me) a luggage label with the previous owners name and address, and the Hotel to which she was going to... which just so happens to be a village in Switzerland called Les Marecotes, which I visited with my family in 1991. With that bit of Swiss-ness in there, I just had to buy it.




It seems that the mechanism works... I will pop a 120 film through it soon, and let you know the results!

(Oh, and I have searched Google for the previous owner. Her name is Georgina Rowe, which is a very common name. The camera dates from the second half of the 1960's, so I reckon she'd be in her 70's now... perhaps you know her or someone who knows her?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...